Monday, June 24, 2013

Mount Rushmore June 2nd 2013 ( our 17th anniversary trip )

Mount Rushmore FACES behind us.. We were driving, driving then OH THERE IT IS !!

 On the left.


in the middle


1st attempt to pick the presidents nose =)



Flag from each state entrance.




Granite Buggers.


INFO.


harness the guys were in to chisel into the rock.

Great photo behind Gary, shows size of a man compared to just the nose. The pattern of chisel / punch marks can be seen in this photo.



1/10th the size.

Pretty walk / hike up a bunch of steps to get close to the presidents faces. Definitely worth it!!!


I didn't know, 90% made with dynamite, the pieces fall down here, I see chisel marks on some of the rocks !

Oh, picking his nose again.



I liked the stripes on this tree bark. Terria poses for a picture   =)

Tiny square cave, driving to our next destination.

Mount Rushmore behind me on the left, I see it , I see it !!